After 3.5 years, the time has come for J & C to part ways! Only because I decided to be a stinker and move back to California. No worries, JAC will continue to live on different coasts. Each year has been better than the last — we thank our wonderful brides and future brides for their kindness and generosity! Living here for 3.5 short years, I still think it’s the most romantic and awesome city evarrrr!
- I’ve learned so many things in the wedding industry. I share them with my friends all the time and they think it’s hilarious and useful. So why don’t I continue to share them with you??
C’s Random Ramblings and Rules:
- You must should love everything you are wearing on your wedding day. Hair, makeup, jewelry, shoes, dress, bouquet. If you don’t, the fact that you’re not that happy about it will be EMPHASIZED on your wedding day. If you don’t like it, just take it off or switch with someone in your bridal party. It’s never too late!
- Honestly, it’s OK to freak out a little bit. I expect some nerves and awkward smiles, but J and I have been REALLY good at calming brides down. What helps? Some music, talking about your life as normal, just being silly with your girlfriends and laughing. My gawd, LAUGHING is surely the best medicine on someone’s wedding day!
- I will never not feel nervous about waking up on time… I may feel just as nervous as the bride! Sometimes I can’t sleep because I have nightmares that I wake up late and ruin a bride’s wedding. That would be my worst nightmare!
- J and I really do love weddings. People ask us if we are sick and tired of it, but it’s been about 5 years in and I’m still not tired of listening how you met your husband and what dress you’re going to wear. J and I also have this incredible work chemistry that is VERY rare and special! I love it when people think that we’ve known each other forever, when we barely met 4 years ago! J is so, so awesome and she has strengths in the areas where I have weaknesses. She will go above and beyond for clients, and she does it so quietly and humbly! Trust me, NY. You’re in such great hands!
What I will miss….
New York Brides! You guys are the best. You guys are SO freaking busy, you don’t have time to be that insanely picky and obsessive bride. You’re just happy to get this occasion over with because it’s already taken you so much time out of work/school. But most of all, I don’t think NY brides get nit picky because they don’t think there’s any reason to get all stressed out over it. (Which is VERY true.) I love that NY brides are very easy breezy about MANY details of the wedding and instead of turning into some crazed monster that their friends and family don’t recognize, they’re just NORMAL. I love how they trust us to do our job based on our reviews and photos alone. I love how some of them turn into our real life friends!
I also really love the un-cattyness and friendliness of the hair/makeup community in NYC. Our friend, Sissi, has been such a cool chick! I’m so glad I got to hang out 1 more time before I left!
Favorite Vendors! *No offense – there are MULTIPLE favorite vendors but these currently come to mind!
Photographer in the NYC area: http://lafflerphotography.com/
Caterers: Creative Edge Parties
Place to get ready: London Hotel penthouse *Amazing view!
Most Unique Wedding Venue: Stonehill Farms in Upstate NY
Dress brand: Pronovias (*Given I’m biased because that was my dress brand!)
New York… I still love you. I’ll never forget my experience here!!