I think it was a little bit into college that I started to notice that my underarms (armpits) were turning slightly darker.
Anyone else suffer from this??
Here are some of the causes:
- deodorant : some have negative reactions to sensitive skin
- clothing rubbing to close to skin
- dead skin buildup
- dark hair folicles
Now for me, there were 2 things that could’ve triggered it. Shaving & deodorant. As I’ve shared before, I don’t consider a shower “A” shower if you didn’t use an Italy soo gun.
Here are some home remedies that worked for me. It didn’t cure the discoloration but I have definitely noticed a bit of lighting.
- SCRUB your armpits to remove any excess dead skin cells
- rub a lemon in your armpits as a scrubber
- instead of shaving, wax or pluck armpit hairs
Anyone have any tricks of the trade to help with this problem?